Xinjiang Highway Project (03)
Total Reported Cost
334.2 million USD
Nov. 15 2002
Start of Construction
Planned Completion Date
Dec. 31 2009
- 1st Highway Engineering Corp For Shanxi Pro
- Beijing No. 1 Municipal Construction Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Road & Bridge Construction Company
- Boma Equipment & Machineries Supplies Ltd.
- Chengdu Road And Bridge Engineering Company
- China Railway First Group Co., Ltd.
- China Road and Bridge Corporation
- China Gezhouba Construction Group Corp. For Water Resources
- China No. 15 Metallurgical Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Non-Ferrous Industrial No.23 Metallurgical Construction Co.
- China Nonferrous Metal Industry's Foreign Engineering and Construction Co., Ltd.
- China Railway 13th Engineering Group Corp.
- China Railway No.13 Bureau Group Co., Ltd
- China Railway No. 1 Bureau Group Co., Ltd
- Dandong Highway Engineering Department
- Engineering Bureau Xi Of China Railway
- Gansu Hongwei Construction Group Co.
- Haus International Holding Ltd.
- Henan Economic Trade International Transport Co., Ltd.
- Huaneng Basic Industries Investment Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Provincial Construction Engineering Company
- Suqian Coaler Road Maintaining Technology Co., Ltd.
- Systeq Instruments Canada Inc.
- Shaanxi Provincial Taiyuan Road & Bridge Corp.
- Totem Equipment Ltd.
- Tsinghua Unisplendour (Group) Corp.
- The 16th Engineering Bureau Of China Railway Construction Corporation
- Volvo East Asia (Pte) Ltd.
- Xinjiang Beifang Mechanical Highway Construction Division
- Xinjiang Beixin Road and Bridge Construction Co., Ltd
- Xinjiang Construction Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Construction Engineering Group Co., Ltd
- Xinjiang Construction Road & Bridge Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Road & Bridge Engineering Corporation
- Xinjiang Tongli Construction Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Tongli Road, Bridge And Water Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Xinda Highway Engineer Department
- Xinjiang Yizhou Road & Bridge Engineering Company Ltd.
As the third leg of the Xinjiang Highway Project, the Kuitun-Sailimuhu Highway (KSH) construction project is an important part of the National Trunk Highway System (NTHS) as well as of the main East-West corridor in Xinjiang. As part of the NTHS, the KSH connects Kuitun (the end of the Urumqi-Kuitun Expressway financed under the Second Xinjiang Highway Project) to Sailimu Lake (about 120 km from the border with Khazakstan). This route is also the main trunk line of Xinjiang, serving an area with large and diverse economic development potential, and an important international communication line dating back to the ancient Silk Road.